GUARDIAN Room Disinfection Advantages
Guardian is a hospital-grade room sanitizer using UVC light to kill SARS-CoV-2, C. Diff, MSRA, and VRE
- Provides hospital-grade disinfection at less than 1/3 the price of leading models
- Significant ROI from infection prevention and control: each unit pays for itself
- High and Medium power UVC units are priced out of the range for most facilities:
- High (400–251mJ/cm2) $60K-$135K (Skytron®, American Ultraviolet®)
- Medium (250–70mJ/cm2) $50K-$125K (Tru-D®, UVDI®, RD UVC®, ClorDiSys®)
- Guardian is high power for the lowest cost in its class at less than $15K
- Developed by a former GE Lighting healthcare disinfection team
Effective & Fast
- Reduces C. Diff by over 99.9999% in 5 minutes at 15 feet
- Proven technology to reduce HAIs by over 40%
- Patent pending C-Nova Light Array delivers the highest UVC effective watts
Safe & Well-Built
- Immediately deactivates unit, upon detecting motion, thus protecting users from UV light
- Rigorously tested to assure high performance and reliability
- Rugged, portable units engineered for ease of use
- 10X faster room dosage than average systems
- 100X more effective kill of C. Diff than other leading systems
- 1000X more effective kill of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) than other systems
Peace of Mind
- Reassures residents, families, and staff of the safety of the facility
- Reinforces facility reputation in the community
- Guardian protected facilities receive a plaque of usage for display
Developed by a former GE Lighting team experienced in healthcare disinfection
How It Works
UVC Kills Infections at The Molecular Level
UV light in the 200-280nm range is the C band. Especially at 254nm as produced by low pressure UV lamps, UVC light has a significant germicidal effect which destroys bacteria and virus at the DNA and RNA level.
When applied for sufficient time at a given power level, it can be used for significant reduction of infections in a healthcare environment. The CDC recognizes high intensity UV radiation as an alternative disinfection method for COVID-19. Multiple studies confirm the effectiveness of UVC to kill COVID-19.
Studies have demonstrated UVC as an effective tool to significantly reduce infection rates when added to existing Infection Prevention and Control Protocols.
Contact us for more statistics, footnotes and pricing.
- UVC has been shown to reduce HAIs up to 44% and proven to kill SARS-CoV-2
- UVC is used extensively in major medical centers to control infection rates.
- UVC is typically applied as the final step in terminal cleaning.
UVC is Widely Adopted in Healthcare
Many leading hospitals are using UVC today for infection prevention and control
Long Term Care
Guardian for Long Term Care Facilities
Long Term Care Facilities are struggling with the costs of Healthcare Affiliated Infections like SARS-CoV-2, C. Diff, MRSA, VRE. Guardian redefines affordability of surgical grade infection reduction technology for Long Term Care Facilities.
- 45% of Coronavirus deaths occur at Long-Term Care Facilities
- 1.6 to 3.8 million HAI infections occur every year at Nursing Homes
- Estimated that 380,000 deaths occur at NHs/SNFs annually due to HAIs
- Infections can significantly affect resident quality of life and organizational operation costs
- Testing can cost $10,000 to $50,000 per week, per facility
- Lost reimbursements due to rehospitalizations
- Damage to reputation causing reduced census
There is a gap in current Infection Prevention and Control Protocols to prevent and minimize this impact. Use of disinfecting solvents is helpful, but not a complete disinfecting procedure.
Using the Guardian UVC at a SNF/LTC/AL
The Guardian UVC Room Disinfection Device is to be integrated in a Long-Term Care Facility’s existing Infection Prevention and Control Protocol for terminal cleaning
- Upon completion of the terminal cleaning protocol typically including manual application of liquid solvents, proceed with application of the Guardian UVC Room Disinfection cycles.
- Recommended minimum dosage for disinfection control of SARS-CoV-2 and major HAIs with 3 minutes at 8-feet, unobstructed for 99.9999% kill , (SARS-CoV-2, 1 minute, 8 ft, 99.9999% kill)
- Effective range of dosage to 20 feet in all directions, unobstructed, with 5 minutes, for approximately a 99.9% kill11, and 10 minutes for 99.9999% kill.
- Multiple doses may be required to adequately disinfect a room depending on shadow effects.
- 2X the disinfection power of the leading units (Tru-D, UVDI)
- Patent pending High Performance HPUVC™ Technology delivers highest efficacy of industry-leading devices
- Integrated C-Nova Light Array™ is patent pending and contributes to the extraordinary UVC efficacy wattage that increases efficacy in hard-to-reach places
- Patent pending C-Smart Sensor Cluster™ keeps staff safe and triggers with the slightest motion
- Kills C. Diff at 15 feet in 5 minutes for 99.9999% kill
- 360-degree Auto-safety with Dual Action motion sensing
- Simple control with on-device input panel
- Easy setup and transportation room-to-room
- 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 1450 Watts
- Lamp rating ~12,000 hrs
- Weight: 100 lbs
- 24”x24”x72” (WxDxH)
- Every unit tested to MIL-STD-810H